Filing for a divorce is a complicated process. Other people who do not want to deal with the stress that comes with it prefer to hire a divorce lawyer instead. This way they can go on with their lives and live separate from each other legally. But remember that there are so many things to consider when filing for a divorce.
Required Documents to Comply With
There are important documents that you need to submit when filing for a divorce. If you have decided to work with a divorce lawyer singapore, it is crucial that you know which documents you need to comply.
- Marriage Certificate. A valid marriage certificate that you have to submit to your divorce attorney.
- Income-Related Documents. Both you and your spouse should provide paycheck stubs or proof of employment over the last year. For self-employed individuals, income tax forms or any business forms that can prove that you are self-supporting is important.
- Real-Estate Documents. If as a married couple you own real estate, then it is crucial that you can provide legal documents of any owned real estate separately or together, mortgage statements, refinancing documents as well as tax assessors’ statements.
- Documents for Owned Vehicles. A copy of the title or registration of all vehicles owned by you or your spouse whether individually or jointly should be provided as well. All vehicles which include automobiles, ATVs, boats, farm equipment, snowmobiles, and so on.
- Life Insurance Documents. For any life insurances whether for yourself, your spouses’, or your children, documents should be provided for an individual policy or through an employer.
- Documents for Marital Debts. If a married couple has any outstanding or unsecured debts, proper documentation should be provided. This includes a list of debts for credit cards, private loans, and medical bills under your name or in your spouse’s name.
Steps to Take When Preparing for Divorce
Once you have completed all the necessary documents needed, the next thing is to know what steps to take to proceed with the divorce. If you are not sure what to do, it is best to talk with your trusted divorce attorney. But most likely, here’s what you will need to do:
- Find the Right Financial Team. It is crucial that you work with a team of experts when wanting to file for divorce from your spouse. You will need a certified divorce financial analyst even if you do not have many investable assets. An advisor can help you not let your emotions rule over.
- Choose A Divorce Attorney. Of course, for legal proceedings such as divorce, a divorce lawyer would be the right person to call. He or she has the education, knowledge, and experience in handling cases similar or might be more complicated than yours.
Knowing what to do before the divorce process begins is crucial. It is important that you do all the necessary steps that can put you in an advantage. So what are you waiting for? If you are preparing for a divorce, make sure that you review all the necessary information above and call the right person for help – a divorce lawyer.